Prior to initiating the inclusion of any Shelly Wave device into the gateway, it is advisable to install the Shelly App. Installing the app will enhance the ability to quickly and efficiently locate the appropriate device.
If you choose not to install the app, you will still have the option to add Shelly Wave devices. However, please note that you will need to perform a search for the Shelly app each time you wish to install a new device.
- Open the Devices menu by selecting the Devices icon located at the bottom.
- Within the Devices menu, choose Add my first device or the plus + icon on the top right corner.
- In the next window, select the Shelly icon located among the Suggested Brands. In the event that the Shelly app is not currently installed, perform a search for it and proceed to select it once it is found.
- Once that loads choose the Device that you’re adding from the list on the next screen.
- Once done that you will be asked to start the inclusion by pressing the green Connect button.
- At this stage, you will be prompted to initiate the learn mode for the designated device. The initial action entails the removal of the Node ID, should it have already been assigned to a device. By clearing the Node ID prior to the addition process, it is ensured the integration of the desired device into the gateway.
- Once the first step is done the proces of the adding - inclusion on the device have to be repeated to start the integration of the chosen Device in the gateway.
- Upon completion of the second step, the Gateway will display an input form, prompting the user to enter the DSK number. At this point, two distinct options are available to the user. For those intending to add the Device with the S2 secure encryption, they must input the specific DSK number available on the side label of the device or locate it on any additional label enclosed within the package. Instead, for users who desire to include the device without encryption, the designated DSK number to be entered is "00000".
- The inclusion process will start after that.
- Once this is finished a new device will be added to the list of devices in the Gateway, Devices with outputs will turn it on and off twice, indicating successful inclusion.